The PlayStation 4 is a very popular gaming console among gamers all over the globe. It’s really no surprise that over 97 million units of the PlayStation 4 have been shipped worldwide since its launch. Sony definitely knows how to keep its customers happy, and it has done exactly that once again. Sony launched the latest update to the PlayStation 4, version 7.0.0, and along with that came a series of amazing features, one of them being an updated Remote Play service which allows gamers to play their favorite games on their PC, Mac, Tablet or Phone freeing their TV. It works on both Android and iOS, controller support is included. Other features included in this software update include chat transcription, improvement in audio quality, and the ability to add more players into an online party.
You need to follow a few steps before you can enjoy the Remote Play feature on your remote device.
If you want to play on your PC or Mac, you will have to download the free PS4 Remote Play app from their respective app stores. If you are an Android user, you can visit this link and if you are an iOS user, visit this link to download the app.
1. Decent broadband internet connection.
2. DualShock 4 controller.
3. PS4 game that does not require VR.
4. PS4 Remote Play app (as described above)
Setting it up
Here are a few basic steps to help you link your remote device with the PlayStation 4:
1. Download the PS4 Remote Play app from the store of the device you want to play the game on. After that, you will need to configure your PS4.
2. Update your PS4 to the latest version by visiting Settings > System Software Update (it might take a few minutes).
3. Visit Settings > Account Management, and click on Activate as your Primary PS4.
4. Next, enable Remote Play by visiting Settings > Remote Play Connection Settings > Enable Remote Play. Your initial configuration is now complete.
5. You will now have to pair your controller to your PC, Mac, Tablet or Phone. Pair it with your PC, Mac or Tablet via Bluetooth.
6. Pairing with your Android 10 phone involves the same process as you pair with any Bluetooth device. Simply turn on Bluetooth on your remote device, press and hold the PS button on the controller and scan for the controller on your remote device and click on Pair. That’s it.
7. After you are done pairing your controller with your device, visit Settings > Remote Play Connection Settings > Add Device on your PS4.
8. Open the Remote Play app on your remote device and click on Start to locate and pair your PS4 with your device.
9. Simply, sign in to your PlayStation Network account and begin playing!
That’s it! You can now play any of your non-VR PlayStation 4 games directly on your PC, Mac, iOS or Android 10 device remotely without having to worry and sit in front of your TV to enjoy gaming on your PlayStation 4.